Chintpurni Devi Temple is one of 7 major and 51 Shaktipeeths located in Una District of Himachal Pradesh. Temple is dedicated to maa chinnamasta. Chinnamastika Devi temple is surrounded by Shivalik ranges and bordered area with Punjab state.
|Maa Chintpurni Devi|
Location of Chintpurni TempleChintpurni temple is located at an altitude of about 950 m, and is situated at Una District of Himachal Pradesh.
From west of Bharwain (at Dharmashala- Hoshiyarpur road) ,maa chintpurni temple is at 3 km distance.
History of Chintpurni Temple
- History of Chintpurni temple is quite similar to the history of Maa naina devi temple , when Devi Sati's burning body was severed by Lord Vishnu, 51 Parts of body scattered all over India to calm Shiva's Tandava. It is said that feet of maa sati feel at this place, so this temple is considered among 7 major and 51 Shaktipeeths in India.
- Maa Chintpurni is also called as Chinnamastishka (Mastishka is related to head). According to Markendya Purana , goddess Chandi cut her head to quench yogini emanations (jaya and Vijaya)'s thirst of blood.
- It is believed that a Brahman Mai das built this temple in Chhaproh village. His descendants still live there and worship maa Chintpurni , they are official priests of temple.
Timings of Chintpurni TempleMaa Chintpurni Temple is opened between 4 am to 11 pm.
Devotees bring puri, halwa, sweets , coconut and Chunri etc. Devotees can bring prasad from home as well as market near Chintpurni Temple.
Professional photographers are also available in temple for devotees.
Weather of Chintpurni TempleTemperature near Chintpurni Temple changes according to the season.
During December to February temperature is very low and woollen clothes are required.
During summer temperature is quite high whereas in rainy season its very humid.
Facilities provided in TempleThere are lots of Hotels , Dharamshala as well as guests house near temple. But during festival times it's almost full specially during Navaratra fairs in July, Ashwin during October and Chaitra in March and April.
Hotel Chintpurni Heights also known as Yatri niwas, is run by Himachal tourism located at Bharwain ,3 km distance from Chintpurni Temple.
Places to visit near Chintpurni temple* Sheetla Devi temple
* Jawalamukhi temple
* Naina Devi temple
* Sujanpur Tira
* Baba Balaknath Sidhpeeth
How to reach Maa Chintpurni Mandir?Devi Chintpurni Temple can be reached by all means , Air, road as well as Railway Transportation.
Road Transport : Bus and taxi services are available to reach Devi Chintpurni Temple.
Nearest Airport: Gaggal is nearest Airport located at Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh. It is located at a distance of around 60 km from Maa Chinnamastishka Mandir.
Nearest Railway station: nearby railway station Amb Andaura (station code AADR) , whereas other stations are Una and Hoshiyarpur which are located at a distance of around 43 km and 50 km respectively.
Interesting facts about maa Chintpurni temple[lock] - Chintpurni devi is also called as Chinnamastika Devi and Chinnamasta devi.
- Chinnamasta is severed-headed one as well as the foreheaded-one.
- Shiva and Rudra Lord protect maa Chintpurni as temple of maa Chintpurni is surrounded by Lord Rudra and shiva temples.
|Chintpurni Temple from inside|
- In year 2012, snowfall was recorded after 52 years in Chintpurni temple.